Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
The second stop of the long PGA Tour season is one of its most entertaining, in Las Vegas for the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. Host TPC Summerlin is a track where going low is an absolute must, as Ben Martin demonstrated last year in winning the tournament. Then there's everything Sin City has to offer off the course.
The field is pretty modest, but the young stars topping it, including Rickie Fowler, Frys.com Open winner Emiliano Grillo and Brooks Koepka, should create an exciting event.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
We had both of our playoff combatants from a week ago, so let's keep it going.
On to the picks!
1. Rickie Fowler -- Fowler hasn't played in this event in five years, but he's the class of the field with three wins in the last five months, including The Players and the Deutsche Bank Championship. Loves to make birdies and hits the ball a ton.
2. Emiliano Grillo -- Maybe this is too fast, too soon, but Grillo has won his last two events, including the Web.com Tour Championship. Clearly not a great putter, especially close in, but Spieth struggles from inside 6 feet, so...?
3. Patrick Rodgers -- Thanks to a quirk in PGA Tour membership rules, Rodgers had nowhere to play during the FedEx Cup playoffs and the Web.com Tour Finals. That rest may have been good for Rodgers, who finished T-6 at Frys.
4. Will Wilcox -- Wilcox faded on Sunday at Silverado with a 73 to post a T-10 finish, but that's a great start for his season. Seems refreshed and TPC Summerlin should suit his game well.
5. Kevin Na -- So, Na didn't win the playoff at Frys. Well, he takes up his next start at the home of his lone PGA Tour win back in 2011. Good vibes here should help Na, who does seems to get over golf pain well.
6. Jason Bohn -- The 42-year-old Bohn has been quietly playing very good golf since August, back when he and Phil Mickelson enjoyed each other's company at the PGA Championship. Was T-3 at Frys and has a good record in this event.
7. Tony Finau -- Finau came out of the gates hot after petering out in the FedEx Cup playoffs. He wound up T-32 at Frys, however, so we aren't ranking him as high. His length should be a big edge at TPC Summerlin.
8. Scott Piercy -- Piercy is a horse-for-course play here, though he's playing very good golf in the last six months. He won the opposite-field Barbasol Championship in July and finished third at the BMW Championship in the playoffs. Was T-7 here last year.
9. Brooks Koepka -- Koepka got off to a really bad start on Sunday at Frys with a triple bogey, dashing any hopes to win. He was T-4 here last year, overpowering the course. We're on the lookout for another good four-round performance.
10. Ryan Moore -- The UNLV product got into the top 10 at Frys on the back of a great weekend. Those good finishes play all the same in fantasy. He's the 2012 champion here with a home game.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Tony Finau -- $9,800
2. Jason Bohn -- $9,500
3. Will Wilcox -- $8,200
4. Spencer Levin -- $7,400
5. Sean O'Hair -- $7,400
6. William McGirt -- $7,100