Winning at daily fantasy golf is not easy, particularly in tournaments with a lot of entries, including this week's DraftKings $425,000 event for The Barclays. There will be almost 163,000 entries, and just one will take home the $100,000 first-place prize.
Getting the winner is essential to winning at daily fantasy golf and finding another player in the top five will carry your entry a lot way. However, to have any chance at the big money, you need to get six players to make the cut and play all 72 holes. That means you need to find value in players -- especially those under $7,000 -- with lower salaries in a salary-cap contest, like the ones on DraftKings.
With that in mind, here are some sleepers we see in the DraftKings The Barclays contest:
1. Jason Bohn ($7,000) -- Bohn has played well in his last four starts, including three top-13 finishes before a T-37 at the PGA Championship. He's stepping up in weight class here, but is kind of freewheeling, too.
2. Jonas Blixt ($6,900) -- Blixt's T-10 at the Wyndham may have been disappointing given where he could have finished, but it marked his fourth cash in a row, all of which have been inside the top 30. After a tough season, Blixt seems to have figured it out a bit.
3. Harris English ($6,800) -- There's nothing sexy about what English has done this year, but he has made his last nine cuts in a row. He's due for a breakout week inside the top 10.
4. Shawn Stefani ($6,200) -- In his last eight starts, Stefani has six cashes and three top-20 finishes. He's not playing as well as he did to start the year, but this is a value.
5. Steve Wheatcroft ($5,700) -- We're just looking for four rounds in this price range, and Wheatcroft had made his last four cuts before last week, including a pair of top-11 finishes.