Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
The road to the U.S. Open goes through Ohio this week, with Jack Nicklaus and his Muirfield Village Golf Club once again playing host to the Memorial Tournament. Hideki Matsuyama is defending champion in a field that includes Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.
We missed the turkey -- going for three in a row -- last week at the Nelson. Then again, Steven Bowditch had missed half of his last six cuts, so if you saw that coming, you don't need me.
On to the picks!
1. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth was in the top 20 here last year, in his second Memorial appearance. He kind of soaked it all in last week -- the praise, not rain -- in his hometown event at the Nelson, but still did OK.
2. Hideki Matsuyama -- Behind Spieth, the defending champion is the standard for consistency on Tour this season. He's missed one cut all year, has a slew of top 10s and has been in the top 20 in his last four PGA Tour starts.
3. Matt Kuchar -- Have to love Kuchar at this course. He's not only a former Memorial winner, but he's also been in the top 15 here in his last seven starts. A modest T-39 at the Nelson is good enough to show that he has some form.
4. Kevin Na -- Na has been a mark of modest consistency all season. He had himself in a playoff here last year before finishing runner-up to Matsuyama.
5. Chris Kirk -- The Colonial winner is in good form and was just off the podium here last year with a T-4 finish. He's hit-and-miss at Muirfield Village, but we'll side with a likely hit this week.
6. Bill Haas -- Haas has made seven of nine career cuts at Jack's place, including top-eight efforts the last two years. Followed a T-4 at The Players by barely cashing a check at Quail Hollow.
7. Dustin Johnson -- Muirfield Village really doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Dustin Johnson, but he's playing great golf overall and does have a fourth-place finish here.
8. Kevin Kisner -- Kevin Kisner is just long enough and has a great enough short game that he should be able to tear up Muirfield Village's par 5s. If he can do that, he's got an excellent chance to get that breakthrough win.
9. Justin Rose -- Rose has a fantastic record, including a win, at Muirfield Village, and he was a winner in New Orleans already this season. However, he's missed three of his last six cuts at Jack's place.
10. Charl Schwartzel -- The 2011 Masters winner got MDF'd in a weird week at the Nelson. However, the South African is a pick this week because of his great Memorial record. He's made all seven career cuts here and has back-to-back T-8 finishes.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Matt Kuchar -- $11,000
2. Bill Haas -- $9,200
3. Kevin Kisner -- $8,200
4. Russell Henley -- $7,400
5. Charl Schwartzel -- $7,300
6. Brendon de Jonge -- $6,800