Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit.
The PGA Tour continues its California stretch, heading north to the Monterey Peninsula for the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. The ole Crosby Clambake is played out on three courses over four days: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Monterey Peninsula Country Club and Spyglass Hill Country Club. A cut is made after three rounds in both the pro and pro-am tournaments, with the final round unfolding at Pebble Beach.
This event is practically unwatchable on TV, and it's pretty difficult to figure out a solid lineup because there are so many factors at play for each pro in the field. However, we'll do our best to steer you to a fourth-consecutive winner.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Jimmy Walker -- Walker looked like the guy to beat on Sunday at Torrey Pines but didn't get the job done. Nevertheless, as defending champion and a winner already this season, he's an obvious pick. He was T-3 at Pebble in 2013 and T-9 in 2012.
2. Jason Day -- The winner at the Farmers Insurance Open is playing some of the best golf of his life. With that validating win and a healthy body, look out. He missed the cut last year, but has two sixth-place finishes in this event and has cashed four of five career starts here.
3. Patrick Reed -- In two starts here, T5P has been in the top 13. Nothing wrong with that. So long as his pro-am partner isn't an utter dud, Reed should do nicely after a modest finish in Phoenix. Hell, he had to deal with Tiger Woods for two days there, so he can handle any hack.
4. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth was T-4 here a year ago. And while he laid an egg at Torrey, he's afforded an off week here and there.
5. Hunter Mahan -- Mahan became a dad again over the weekend, so he may be a bit distracted, but that could work. He has a couple of modest finishes in 2015, but was runner-up in 2012 and T-6 last year.
6. Kevin Na -- Na took last week off, but has improved his final result in each of his three 2015 PGA Tour starts. He has a good track record at Pebble, with two top-10 finishes in the last three years.
7. Spencer Levin -- Levin is on the comeback trail. Yes, he faded on Sunday with a chance to win the Farmers Insurance Open, but he has a very nice Clambake record with back-to-back top 10s in 2012 and '13. Good value.
8. Bryce Molder -- In the last five years, Molder has done very well here: three top-10 finishes and a T-12. He likes playing golf here. It's probably the only time we'll recommend him all year.
9. Dustin Johnson -- Johnson missed the cut in his PGA Tour return at Torrey Pines, but he's the modern king of this course. He was a runner-up here last year and is a two-time winner here. This should bring up some good memories.
10. Pat Perez -- I'm not telling you Double P is going to win this thing, but he's made the cut in 10 of 12 Clambake starts. That kind of lock on four rounds is really good in most any format.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Patrick Reed - $12,100
2. Kevin Na - $8,300
3. Shane Lowry - $8,300
4. Spencer Levin - $7,500
5. Pat Perez - $6,900
6. Bryce Molder - $6,700