"What’s your favorite course?” That’s the question golf-travel journalists Darin Bunch and Mitch Laurance get asked most frequently. And it’s one of many questions at the cornerstone of their new “Talking GolfGetaways with Mitch & Darin” podcast sponsored by StGeorgeUtahGolf.com and debuting on Golf News Net and GNN Radio under GolfGetaways’ new partnership as the exclusive provider of golf-travel content for the growing golf network.
On the inaugural episode of “Talking GolfGetaways,” Mitch dives into our Emergency9 golf-travel quiz, touching on everything from favorite courses and destinations (Scotland) and bucket lists (Australia and New Zealand) to favorite golfing partners (what’s it like golfing with a Hall of Fame billiards champion?) and most trusted golf apparel.
“The Emergency9 is something we came up with to explore our guests’ thoughts on the key questions we get all the time when people learn that we’re frequent golf travelers,” Laurance says. “So we wanted to have some fun with it. We’ll have all our guests who are willing answer the Emergency9 questionnaire — and we hope our listeners will join in the fun and give us their answers on social media using #Emergency9 as well.”
The nine questions for the Talking GolfGetaways Emergency9 are simple:
- What is your favorite course or destination, anywhere in the world?
- What’s at the top of your personal golf-travel bucket list?
- Where is the best place you’ve ever stayed?
- What is the single best thing you’ve ever eaten on a trip, and where?
- Besides the golf, what’s the most important thing to you on a golf trip?
- What’s the one piece of apparel or equipment you’d recommend to everyone?
- What is your handicap and what yardage to you typically play from?
- Who is your favorite golfing partner and why?
- What’s the one golf course or destination you wish everyone knew about?
“We’re stoked to finally be launching ‘Talking GolfGetaways,’” says Bunch. “Mitch and I have spent a lot of time over the past six months working out technical issues and hopefully creating a quick, easy-to-listen show that will not only give listeners new ideas of places to stay and play on their next golf vacation or weekend getaway — and we look forward to having fun with the many guests — golf journalists, course architects, frequent golf travelers and more.”
“Talking GolfGetaways with Mitch & Darin” is sponsored by StGeorgeUtahGolf.com and can be heard on GolfNewsNet.com. The podcast is also available for download on iTunes Podcasts and TuneIn. New episodes post daily, five days per week.
Mitch Laurance can be found on Twitter and Instagram @MitchLaurance.
Darin Bunch can be found @GetawaysGolf on Twitter and @GolfGetaways on Instagram.