Those of us stuck in snow and ice all winter have little to do but dream of golf.
We can play fantasy golf with PGA players and hope they win us some cash, but that does little to ease our pain of not actually playing golf. So, if you’re like me, you constantly find yourself planning and dreaming up potential golf trips. You fantasize about PLAYING Golf, and as Stuart Smalley would say, “That’s okay.”
It’s an illness but…here’s the cure: The MobileGolfer Fantasy Golf Course Draft (US Edition).
Using a combination of Golf.com’s “Top 100 Courses You Can Play,” Golfweek’s new “Top 200 Resort Courses” and MobileGolfer’s “American (Public) Golf 101” as the price guide, you have $1,000 to spend on your lineup of fantasy golf plays. How many rounds can you buy? And what courses would you play?
- If I left a public course off that you love, I’m sorry. I left some off that I love too.
- These courses are not listed in any specific order, so calm down. Some lower cost courses are better than higher priced courses. I know this. You know this. There is NO PERFECT FORMULA. I just averaged out a few ranking lists to get the general numbers and refused to include some courses that I hate.
- You can add a public course that is not on the list for $20. Remember, it makes no difference whether you’ve played the courses or not.
- You can NOT play a course more than once.It’s your fantasy lineup.
Eric Hart's (@theMobileGolfer) sample picks
- Pebble Beach ($100)
- Kiawah Island – Ocean ($100)
- Shadow Creek ($100)
- Pasatiempo ($90)
- Gamble Sands ($90)
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club ($80)
- Streamsong – Black ($70)
- Primland Resort – Highland ($70)
- PGA West – Stadium ($70)
- Marquette – Greywalls ($60)
- Sweetens Cove ($50)
- Ram’s Hill ($50)
- Black Jack’s Crossing ($40)
- Gold Canyon – Dinosaur Mountain ($30)
Total Spent: $1000
Share this contest with your friends and enemies, then share a picture of your results on Twitter (too many characters otherwise) and tag #GolfCourseDraft.
Take the #BucketListChallenge or create your own. I literally don’t care who steals the idea. If it’s popular enough I’ll create an International Version too. It’s just meant to be fun and to take my mind off that white crap outside. Enjoy!