Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues and suggest daily fantasy golf lineups.
This week is the official start of the PGA Tour silly season, with the unofficial but stout 18-man Hero World Challenge unfolding at Albany Golf Club in the Bahamas. Tiger Woods is back this week, and, just to get it out the way, he's not in our top 10.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 Hero World Challenge top 10 picks
1. Brooks Koepka -- Love Koepka here. A winner in Japan in his last start, and this is a course where he should be able to bang it around and make plenty of birdies.
2. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth won the Aussie Open without his best stuff, showing the grit that is the core of his talent. Was fourth here last year.
3. Henrik Stenson -- Stenson won the Race to Dubai with a T-9 in his last start in Dubai. He does well on courses where he can use the bionic 3-wood to make plenty of par-5 birdies.
4. Hideki Matsuyama -- Matsuyama won the WGC-HSBC Champions and has been tearing it up in Japan in the PGA Tour off-season. Putting always a question.
5. Dustin Johnson -- DJ wasn't a threat here last year, and that didn't really make much sense. Comfortable Day 1 pairing with Koepka.
6. Patrick Reed -- Reed was runner-up here last year to Bubba Watson, and he's one of the more consistent golfers on the planet.
7. Rickie Fowler -- Fowler was a third-place finisher here last year, and he's coming off a good effort with Jimmy Walker in the World Cup. T-6 in his last solo start at the WGC-HSBC Champions.
8. Jimmy Walker -- Walker got through the PGA Tour playoffs well, and he was part of the T-2 U.S. World Cup team. Streaky.
9. Emiliano Grillo -- Grillo is starting to turn into a player you can expect to contend. That extra seasoning is turning blah rounds into ones he moves up the board.
10. Bubba Watson -- The defending champion wasn't much after Doral last year, and that's a little odd for a guy who was so great just a couple of years ago.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Hideki Matsuyama - $9,900
2. Brooks Koepka - $8,900
3. Rickie Fowler - $7,900
4. Russell Knox - $7,400
5. Emiliano Grillo - $6,900
6. Jimmy Walker - $6,500
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.