TNT (Turner) and CBS Sports air the PGA Championship, with TNT airing all four days of the championship, while CBS takes weekend afternoons. On Thursday and Friday, however, because the coverage comes on a little late, most Americans may have to wait a while to see their favorite players.
However, TNT, CBS Sports, the CBS Sports app, PGA.com and the PGA of America app offer extra channels of excellent action from Baltusrol. The problem? The screen on your phone or computer isn't quite as big as your beautiful flat-screen TV.
If you have Google's beautifully simple $35 dongle already set up on a bigger screen, then watching the 2016 PGA Championship on your TV using TNT, CBS Sports (and CBSSports.com), the CBS Sports app, PGA.com and the PGA of America app is a breeze.
You can do this from your Android device with a Chromecast:
- Turn on your Google Chromecast and make sure it's connected to your phone.
- On your Android device, download, install and open the Google Cast app.
- At the top of the screen, hit the hamburger/3-bar menu in the search box.
- From the menu that flies in from the left, select Cast Screen/Audio.
- On the screen that loads, hit Cast Screen/Audio, confirm the Chromecast you're sending to, then exit the app.
- Fire up one of the apps that stream coverage, open up a stream and enjoy!
If you're doing this from your desktop or another computer:
- Install Google Chrome if you don't already have it.
- Go to the Google Chrome Web Store and install the Google Cast extension. It'll create a Chromecast button to the right of the address bar in any tab you open.
- Go to PGA.com and launch the video player to open the streaming channels. Pick the one you want to watch.
- Click the Chromecast button on that tab and connect to the dongle in your TV or larger monitor.
- Click the full-screen button in the PGA.com streaming player to have the biggest view of the action possible on your computer.
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.