The 2016 U.S. Open is underway at Oakmont Country Club and the USGA has released the pin sheet with the hole locations for Round 1. As you might imagine at a place as difficult as Oakmont, there aren't a lot of "easy" pin locations.
2016 U.S. Open Round 1 pin placements
Some things to note:
- The pin on No. 1 is probably the friendliest it could be on the hole, while the pin on No. 3 is absolutely impossible.
- A good, low shot with some fade on it has a decent chance of getting to the hole on No. 16, an already difficult par 3.
- The pin on on the 8th, which is the 288-yard par 3, begs for a layup with a pitch from the right side back to the hole location on the far left.
- The hole location on 17 should invite a lot of players to go for the green with driver because it'll be hard to access even with a wedge in hand from the fairway.
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year