Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $50,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
What a finish! Jordan Spieth wowed everyone once again with a short-game clinic to win at Colonial. Nine putts for the final nine holes?! Are you kidding?! Summer should be good.
We move to the Memorial Tournament and Muirfield Village in Ohio. Jack's place identifies great players because of its emphasis on par-4 scoring and its fairness in relationship to length and width. All of the top 3 players are in the field, and we should be in store for a great week.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Jason Day -- I know, I know. Jason Day doesn't have the best results here. However, he's got playing privileges at Muirfield Village and won in his last start. He's a different golfer than a year ago.
2. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth had a very Craig Perks finish to win at Colonial, and it shows what Spieth can do with his short game magic. Not that he left, but he's back to winning and hopefully that helps him move on from Augusta.
3. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar has the best record at Muirfield Village in the last five years of any player in the field. He's also on fire of late, including a pair of third-place finishes in his last five starts.
4. Rory McIlroy -- McIlroy is absolutely majestic when he's playing his best golf. It's the prettiest of the Big Three. He has a solid Memorial record and he's feeling very confident.
5. Hideki Matsuyama -- Matsuyama is a former winner here and he's been flexing his ballstriking muscle of late. Putting is the knock on him, but he's middle of the Tour this year. Good enough for us.
6. Dustin Johnson -- You don't have to be long to do well at Muirfield Village, but it doesn't hurt if you can harness it properly. D.J. does. He was T-13 last year.
7. Bill Haas -- Haas could be a huge value play this week. Not only has he top-8-ed here in two of the last three years, but he's flying off the radar despite making 7 of his last 8 cuts.
8. Chris Kirk -- Kirk has a nice finish at Colonial in his title defense, continuing a string of solid play. He has a fourth-place finish here, which makes sense. He's great tee-to-green.
9. Jason Dufner -- You have to like that Dufner found something at Colonial, where he was a playoff loser in 2014. He's been in the top 25 here in each of the last two years.
10. Bubba Watson -- It's beginning to feel like each Watson start is like a shooting star: rare. Hasn't missed a cut all year, but he's ho-hum.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Matt Kuchar - $9,900
2. Jason Dufner - $8,400
3. Chris Kirk - $8,300
4. Daniel Berger - $7,800
5. Bill Haas - $7,700
6. Charles Howell III - $7,400
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year