Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free entry with your first deposit.
Jason Day finally got his, winning the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits. We almost got ours, too, with one of our DraftKings lineups just a player away from the $1 million first-place prize. Danny Willett let us down where Branden Grace would've made us a member of the Two Comma Club.
So, we move on to the Wyndham Championship, where Hideki Matusyama is the headliner, while Brooks Koepka and Justin Thomas are among those vying for a title. Adam Scott and Tiger Woods are making somewhat surprising appearances, too.
On to the picks!
1. Brooks Koepka -- Koepka has been in the top six in his last two starts and notched seven top-25s in a row. The long ball helps at Sedgefield if he can keep it in play. Seems poised for a playoff run.
2. Brandt Snedeker -- Snedeker showed well at Whistling Straits with a T-12 finish -- his fifth such finish in his last seven starts. Was T-5 here last year and is a former winner (2007).
3. Hideki Matsuyama -- Matsuyama continues to struggle with the flatstick, but his precision iron play is a huge plus at Sedgefield. He was T-15 here in his only other prior start in 2013.
4. Justin Thomas -- We've laid off Justin Thomas a bit in recent weeks, but he's back on our radar. Top fives in the two starts prior to the T-18 at the PGA. His iron play should be huge here.
5. Branden Grace -- We keep avoiding Branden Grace, and, at this point, we might be overcompensating. However, Grace has been a factor in two of the last three majors and he's figuring out how to play in the U.S.
6. Bill Haas -- Haas has been hit-or-miss this year, with lackluster efforts in his last two starts, but he was runner-up here last year and has a good overall track record at Sedgefield.
7. Billy Horschel -- Horschel has missed just two cuts all year and has been a fixture in the top 30 since the WGC-Match Play. He's a late-season bloomer, so this is a good place for him, even if his best finish in three starts is a T-30.
8. Wil Wilcox -- Wilcox had the week off for the PGA, but was T-10 at the Barracuda and been in the top 25 in his last three starts. Keep riding the Wilcox Wave.
9. Carl Pettersson -- Pettersson is playing a home game this week as a Carolina resident. The Swedish Redneck is playing spotty golf, but it's good when he's good, including three top-12 finishes in his last six starts.
10. Austin Cook -- Cook has been under the gun all year to perform and has done so, to the tune of two top-10 finishes in five top-22 finishes in six starts this year.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Brooks Koepka -- $10,800
2. Justin Thomas -- $9,400
3. Wil Wilcox -- $8,400
4. Austin Cook -- $8,000
5. Tom Hoge -- $6,700
6. William McGirt -- $6,600
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.