Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
Well, we didn't have Bubba Watson No. 1 -- we ranked him third -- but we nailed the winner again this past week at the Travelers Championship. Watson is again in the field for this week's Greenbrier Classic, primarily because he has a relationship with the W. Va. resort and has a home in their luxury real-estate development.
Tiger Woods is part of the action this week, as well, at the Old White TPC. However, his past poor showings in this championship have been poor. Old Whit TPC lends itself to somewhat off-beat winners.
On to the picks!
1. Webb Simpson -- Simpson is an absolute must this week. He's got three top-10 finishes in five career Greenbrier appearances. This course suits his eye. Having a very solid season overall.
2. Bill Haas -- Haas is another rare horse-for-course player at Greenbrier. He has a pair of top 10s in four starts, and he's never missed a payday in this event.
3. Bubba Watson -- Last week's winner is making his third Greenbrier start, and he's finished top 30 in both starts. It's a sort-of home game for him, but don't think of that as an edge.
4. Kevin Kisner -- At some point, Kevin Kisner is going to win on the PGA Tour. His profile fits the type of guy that has won here in the past: not a superstar (yet), but a guy with a very solid resume. He has a bad Greenbrier record, but that was a different Kevin Kisner.
5. Paul Casey -- Casey has never played at Greenbrier, so this pick is almost wholly based on his form. He's one of two guys -- Kevin Kisner is the other -- to have lost in multiple sudden-death playoffs this year.
6. Tony Finau -- Finau has notched six straight top-25 finishes on the PGA Tour. He's figured out how to get it done on the biggest stage. His length should prove a huge edge and can help overcame wayward driving.
7. Pat Perez -- Pat Perez has two top-10 finishes in four Greenbrier starts, so the Old White TPC clearly appeals. He was MDF'd last year. He's rested after not playing since Memorial.
8. David Lingmerth -- The Memorial winner has a pair of top-16 efforts in this event and he cashed last week at Travelers in his first start since that Muirfield Village breakthrough.
9. Brendon Todd -- In his last four starts, Todd has alternated missed cuts with top-17 finishes. That's not too shabby. Was in fourth here last year.
10. Will Wilcox -- Wilcox has taken advantage of limited playing opportunities, making seven cuts in 10 starts this season, including five top-25 finishes. He was T-4 here last year.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Bill Haas -- $10,500
2. Pet Perez -- $8,700
3. Cameron Tringale -- $8,200
4. Will Wilcox -- $8,100
5. David Lingmerth -- $7,600
6. Jon Curran -- $6,800
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.