Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
The Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial still holds up as one of the better events on the PGA Tour. Colonial isn't quite the same golf course it once was, thanks to distance gains, but success at the Hogan requires the ability to either place the ball incredibly well or have a full complement of shots in the bag.
Jordan Spieth highlights the field here, as he'll play this week and next at the struggling Nelson. However, with the likes of Zach Johnson and Jimmy Walker in the field, the 21-year-old should get a good test.
Last week, Rory McIlroy was an easy pick, so hopefully you had him in your leagues. We got it again this week!
1. Jordan Spieth -- Gotta go with Spieth here. Yeah, he was a dud at The Players, but he has to be motivated by Rory McIlroy making him look bad the last few weeks. He's been in the top 14 in two Colonial starts.
2. Zach Johnson -- ZJ is coming around, people. Last year put a halt to a four-year run in the Colonial where Johnson won twice and didn't finish worse than fourth. Modest form includes a nice T-13 at The Players.
3. Jimmy Walker -- Walker hasn't played too well of late, but he does have two wins this season and was T-10 here last year.
4. Ryan Palmer -- Ryan Palmer's been on a nice run in this event, with T-5 finishes in 2012 and '14. He missed the cut at The Players but has largely been a T-25 staple this year.
5. Kevin Na -- Kevin Na missed the cut here last year for the first time in eight career starts. He's been in the top 20 in his last six PGA Tour stroke-play starts, so he's a good bet.
6. Kevin Kisner -- Kisner has done very well this year on Pete Dye designs that, like Colonial, require every kind of shot. He was a playoff loser at The Players and at Harbour Town. MC here last year, however.
7. Chris Kirk -- Kirk has made his last four Colonial cuts, including a pair of top-16 finishes. Was T-13 at The Players.
8. Ben Martin -- Other than a missed cut at the Masters, Martin has looked good since the PGA Tour turned to the Florida Swing. He was T-4 at The Players, just a shot out of the playoff. Was T-21 here last year.
9. Patrick Reed -- Reed was a surprise addition to the field before the Friday deadline. Nothing special to say about him at Colonial specifically, but he's only missed one cut all season. Then again, just so happens to be at Harbour Town, just as claustrophobic as Colonial.
10. Boo Weekley -- Boo has an interesting track record at Colonial, where he's a former winner (2013). He's made his last five Colonial cuts. He's totally hit or miss this week, but the upside is big.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Kevin Kisner -- $9,100
2. Ben Martin -- $8,500
3. Sean O'Hair -- $8,200
4. John Senden -- $8,100
5. Robert Streb -- $8,000
6. Shawn Stefani -- $7,800