Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
The Wells Fargo Championship is one of the best events on the PGA Tour. Typically, it's been a great way to whet golf fans' collective appetite ahead of The Players. This year, however, it's the dessert. Nevertheless, a solid field, led by world No. 1 Rory McIlroy, will tee it up at Quail Hollow in Charlotte.
Last week, we didn't have Rickie Fowler at The Players. However, it's also one of the biggest crapshoots in golf, making finding a winner difficult. Quail Hollow is a little more predictable, so let's predict!
1. Rory McIlroy -- The world No. 1 has been in the top 10 in his last two Quail Hollow starts, he won the Match Play and finished in the top 10 at The Players without his best stuff, bored half the time. Obvious pick here.
2. J.B. Holmes -- The defending champion is riding an odd streak of alternating good tournaments with bad ones: 2nd-MC-WIN-MC-T9-T51. So a good one here?
3. Jim Furyk -- Furyk faded pretty hard on the weekend at The Players, but he never seems to do well at that home game. He was runner-up here last year and is in good form overall.
4. Hideki Matsuyama -- Matsuyama made the cut here last year, but he's so much more than that now. He faded quickly after a Day 1 lead at The Players, but this course should suit his eye.
5. Kevin Kisner -- Don't be shocked if Kisner gets a huge rub from losing to a better player at TPC Sawgrass. He's played six playoff holes in 2 under and lost both. He was T-6 here last year.
6. Kevin Na -- Na acquitted himself very well at The Players, and he's demonstrating that he's taking his game to a new level. He's motivated to make the Presidents Cup team. He was T-18 here last year and was top five in 2011.
7. Kevin Streelman -- Streelman is doing Media Day for the Travelers Championship on Tuesday, but should be fine for tournament week. He's been T-6 and T-14 here the last two years. He was (as expected) a dud at The Players.
8. Ryan Moore -- Moore missed the cut at The Players on the number, but has an excellent overall record this year and in this event, including two top-six finishes in his last four Wells Fargo starts.
9. Bill Haas -- Haas made a run on Sunday to get into The Players playoff but came up a shot short. He has a mixed record here, including a T-4 finish in 2011. Round 1 is key; Haas has opened 73, 79 and 75 the last three years.
10. Charles Howell III -- CH3 has been in a bit of a drought of late, missing three of his last five cuts. However, he cashed at The Players to get some confidence back heading into Quail Hollow, where he has been in the top 18 the last two years.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Jim Furyk -- $10,800
2. Charles Howell III -- $8,400
3. Kevin Kisner -- $8,100
4. Ryan Moore -- $8,000
5. Brendon de Jonge -- $7,200
6. Pat Perez -- $7,100
JOIN GNN PLUS AS AN ANNUAL MEMBER & YOU'LL GET:
- A FREE USGA handicap ($30 value, annual members only)
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- Special discounts and member benefits
- An ad-free experience
- Equipment testing data
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research