Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
The Hawaii Swing continues to kick off 2015 in Honolulu with the Sony Open in Hawaii. Waialae Country Club is the host, and it may the one venue on the PGA Tour that has more obvious "horses" for it than any other stop. This week is basically all about picking out guys who have great track records in the event because there are plenty.
Now, on to the picks!
- Chris Kirk: Kirk closed the TOC on a tear, with a course-record-tying 62 at the Plantation Course. He was runner-up here a year ago to Jimmy Walker and in fifth position in 2013. No brainer.
- Jimmy Walker: Walker may have let the TOC slip away to Patrick Reed in a playoff, but the Sony Open defending champion is clearly on form. Well worth a look.
- Zach Johnson: The 2009 Sony Open winner looked great at Kapalua, although he didn't figure in the playoff. He was T-8 here last year and this old-style course fits hits game perfectly.
- Matt Kuchar: Kuchar closed nicely at the Tournament of Champions, following up on a lousy third-round effort. He's been in the top eight in his last three Sony Open starts.
- Russell Henley: The 2013 winner here was knocking on the door of the Kapalua playoff and has been playing some hot golf dating back to last calendar year.
- Jason Day: Day isn't winning tournaments, but he hasn't had a dud start since before the 2014 FedEx Cup playoffs. The closing 62 at Kapalua has to give him confidence.
- Charles Howell III: CH3 is an ATM at Waialae. How he hasn't won this tournament 10 times already is a mystery since he's a practical lock to contend. Top 10 in the last three years, eight overall in the Sony Open.
- Tim Clark: Clark is another guy who has knocked on the door at Waialae with a pair of runner-up finishes. Knocked the rust off at Kapalua, should be good to go this week.
- Jerry Kelly: Kelly is probably the one eclectic-looking pick in our rankings this week, but the '02 winner reps the older set. He has made 13 straight cuts here, as pointed out by PGATour.com's Rob Bolton. What more do you want in a cheap selection?
- Robert Streb: Streb's playing some of the best, all-around golf in the world right now. He's a top-10 machine. No reason to believe he'll hit the skids now, but doesn't have the track record the nine above him in this week's ranking do at Waialae.
My DraftKings team for this week:
- Zach Johnson - $11,000
- Charles Howell III - $9,100
- Kevin Na - $8,800
- Robert Streb - $8,400
- Jerry Kelly - $7,600
- Justin Hicks - $4,800
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.